We are looking for a part-time Cafe Assistant to join our team at Shire Hall.
Key areas of responsibility:
• Serve customers efficiently with food and drink orders and take payments.
• Assist in preparation of café and counters before, during and at the end of service.
• Offer customers amazing standards of customer service and care.
The role includes:
• Demonstrating the highest standards of customer welcome and care when assisting customers at the counter and delivering orders to tables.
• Giving advice, guidance and recommendations on products and menu selection to customers to ensure a positive experience and repeat business.
• Ensuring adequate stock levels of supplies and consumables for café area, managing orders and stock rotation.
• Managing queues and meeting customer expectations, upsell to maximise profit.
• Service of hot and cold beverages, cakes and other food items.
• Keeping the areas tidy and clean including table clearing, removing dirties and waste.
• Working within established guidelines and operating procedures.
• Responsible for security (product and cash), taking payments accurately fraudulent credit
• Keeping up to date with special promotions and creating displays.
• Ensuring compliance with all legislation, H&S and food hygiene.
The personal skills that is required for the job:
• Having a friendly and engaging personality, a good communicator, able to work under pressure.
• Comfortable working with members of the public, able to initiate conversations and provide a sincere welcome and enjoy providing good service.
• Need to be willing to learn, take instruction and work under own initiative, supporting other team members and able to multitask.
• Assistants will be on their feet for most of the day and may be required to lift and carry trays and crockery, restocking shelves etc.
• You should have a comprehensive understanding of the menu and have a keen interest in local food and drink.
• An effective, well organised and efficient team player with a strong sense of discipline and urgency.
• Knowledge of till operation and cash handling.
• Excellent standards of personal presentation smart appearance and articulate.
Part-time hours including weekends and some evenings..
Reference ID: Cafe16
Part-time hours: 16 per week
Salary: £4.62-£8.91 per hour